Monday, October 31, 2011

Wishful Thinking

I've been looking around my office/hooking studio and have decided that there are too many unfinished projects. I've come to the conclusion that I can't buy any more patterns, draw any more patterns, start anything new until I've finished the projects in progress. Here's what I have to do:
  • Bind two rugs
  • Finish this cute little frog rug, a pattern drawn by my sister, artist Marian Ross (shameless plug!). 

  • Finish a large rug featuring multiple cats that I purchased a year ago from Christine Little. I began work on this rug last week and am hooking with mostly yarns. Slow going. It is set up on a cheticamp-type frame in my sewing room, so I don't work on it that often as that room is in the lower level of the house.  
Those are the hooking projects. (There are few others, but there is no need to mention those!)

Now on to the knitting projects.
  • A prayer shawl for my sister--in-law. This is top priority right now as she is beginning cancer treatments soon.
  • An afghan (in progress) for my Prayer Shawl Ministry group.
  • A sampler afghan begun for my daughter at least four years ago. The knitting is finished, just needs to be sewn together. What am I waiting for????
  • A sweater I began knitting for myself a few years back. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
I can't bring myself to mention anything else, so that's the list I'm working with. I don't want to even think about the fact that the holidays are coming! Perhaps that's why I titled this post "wishful thinking!"

1 comment:

Kim said...

LOVE that frog pattern!