Dyed a bunch of wool on Tuesday. Not as much as I would have liked to, but got quite a bit done nonetheless.
Getting out the essentials.
First up, was 1/2 yard of Blood Orange. I love this deep orangey-red color. It is an abrash formula, so I get lots of nice variation in shading.
Here's the finished product. Actually, a bit darker than photo shows.
This is pansy patch. Hard to tell it's purple! It's done over oatmeal, and comes out in purples and subtle greens. Part of this is going in my NY Beauty rug. I do wish it had come out in a stronger purple. May spot dye again with some of the purple I used from the formula.
Next up were batches of Williamsburg Blue and Desert Gem. The Williamsburg Blue comes from the old standby Prisms dye book. Prisms was one of the first dye books I used, and I learned a lot from their methods and formulas. Desert Gem is my own formula and starts with two cups of dye. In the pot, at this point, is the gold base. After the water cleared, I abrashed with a wine dye. Here is the result (see photo on right).
Got several other colors done and have two more spot dyes to work up on Friday. We are expecting 6-10 inches of snow tonight and into tomorrow, so dyeing will be a good way to pass the time. Certainly wish the weatherman was playing an April Fool's Day trick on us!