Tuesday, September 14, 2010

LOOOONNNNNNGGGGGG Time Between Posts!

Where has the time gone? Summer seemed to fly by, and with the weather so hot, didn't take the time to blog. But now the weather is cooler, sleeping is easier at night, and hooking seems the thing to do.

My angel rug is close to completion. I hope to have it finished in the next week or so as it is a gift for my new grandson (due November 28)! I think an angel watching over him will be perfect!!

Here is the rug to date:


After the hooking, the boring part -- the binding! I plan on getting carpet tacking to hang the rug. I used these for hanging my garden rug (which is much larger), and it was very easy.

Tomorrow, I'll post some photos of our trip to the Brimfield Antique show in Massachusetts.

3 comments:

Julia said...

Hi Wooly Mammoth, this is my first comment on your blog. I love your angel rug, and the border and colors are very nice. JB

Cathy G. said...

Your angel rug is so wonderful! You can tell it is a creation from your heart. Perfect for the blessed event you are awaiting! If you wouldn't mind sharing how you use the rug strips for hanging I'd like to see that.
Have fun at the antique show! Can't wait to see your photos!
Cathy G

April DeConick said...

Welcome back! Missed you.