Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Trip to Brimfield, MA Antique Show

Last week was my daughter's 27th birthday, so my husband and I decided to drive to Boston to take her to dinner. Our plan was to hit the MA turnpike early and attend the Brimfield Antique Show by 10:00. Brimfield is about a two-hour drive from our home in Saratoga Springs. Halfway there, my husband asked me if I packed the suitcase. We both looked in the back of the car, and that's right, no suitcase. Luckily a friend went to our house, got the suitcase, and met us halfway back on the thruway. So, we didn't get to Brimfield until a little after twelve.

If you've ever been to a huge antique show, you know that this is not a one-day affair. We had decided to spend Thursday at the show and then head an hour further east to Boston to have dinner with Maggie and her fiancé and spend the night. That worked out great! They live in the Coolidge Corners area of Boston, and we had fun walking around that night.

The next morning, we were off early and made it to Brimfield by 11:00. Here are some pics of some of the booths and things for sale.

A nice display. Note the hooked rug resting on the tree branch!

Lots of primitive items...

I loved this dealer's wares! Lots of mod furniture!

And if you like bakelite, there was plenty to choose from at this booth.

Another booth with wonderful primitive items.

Another group of vintage hooked rugs. The colors on this rug are still very bright.

A very pretty piece...

I loved finding this booth. These are new rugs, some of which were used to adorn old antique chairs. I thought I had a shot of an old chair with a hooked mat upholstered to it, but I can't find it.

More photos tomorrow.

4 comments:

Cathy G. said...

Thoroughly enjoyed those photos of the show! Hooked rugs seem to be all the rage! That's good!
I thought I was the only one who forgets essentials when going on trips.....oh wait, while traveling to a major sports event one time my hubby forgot the tickets! My sister met us half-way back bless her heart!
Cathy G

Rugs and Pugs said...

Thanks so much for sharing the wonderful pictures. I sure wish Brimfield was within driving distance {sigh}.
How lucky that a friend met you half way with the suitcase.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Kim said...

That show looks like so much fun. It would be difficult just to look and not want to buy everything. I especially love the number of hooked rugs displayed.

Julia said...

I almost always forget something when I travel except when I went to Scotland. I had my list of what to bring a week ahead and checked it over several times. Lucky you got someone to bring your suitcases half way.
Love the photos of the Antique sale. JB