Saturday, October 3, 2009

Southern Adirondack Fiber Festival 2009

I attended the Southern Adirondack Fiber Festival last Sunday with my sisters and had a great time. For a first effort, the show was great – lots of vendors and lots of demonstrations, and lots of animals! Here are some of the photos I took.


A group of Episcopal nuns raise these goats and spin their fur into yarn. Surprisingly soft!

These cute little guys were so funny to watch. I bought some roving from the owners of this trio and intend to try my hand at dyeing it.

Ran into the Easton Rug Hookers who had a beautiful display of rugs. Patty Varley and Phyllis Riley are working away on their latest masterpieces!

My friend Jean Fleming is working on a spectacular rug. I love the colors in this one!

Some of Easton's finest!

Check out this hand-dyed roving. What a feast for the eyes! Couldn't resist buying some of the greens. It hooks up surprisingly well.

This picture and the next two show some of Linda Van Alstyne's needle felting. She was there demonstrating her craft. You can check out here Web site at: http://www.northeastfeltmakersguild.org/vanalstyne.html


All in all, it was a great day. The show was such a success that it will be held again next year.

No comments: