Friday, June 5, 2009

Garden Rug Update

I'm working away on my vegetable garden rug. Almost finished with the sky and flowers, and then on to the border. I'm thinking of a red, but will probably hook in some strips of a few colors to see what I like the best. Hard to believe that I've been working on this rug since 1995!

First began this at Green Mountain Rug Hooking School in a class with Patsy Becker. She drew the pattern and supplied most of the wool.

Here's a look at the sky with the flowers.

2 comments:

Cori said...

Wow! That is really beautiful. I'm curious, have you been working on it for so long because you're working on more than one rug at a time?

When it is done it will be well worth the time you've put in.

Woolly Mammoth Woolens said...

Hi Cori,
Thanks! I've been working on it off and on (more off!) since '95. I think because it so large, I needed to work on smaller projects in between. I'll be very happy when it is finished!
Michele