Wednesday, May 13, 2009

PUNCH NEEDLE

Well, I tried punchneedle yesterday, and discovered that I'm totally uncoordinated for this craft! I would probably fair better if I had someone who is experienced give me a lesson. But alas, I've decided this is not for me.

A couple of years ago, my husband and I were visiting my sister-in-law and brother-in-law in Melvin Village, NH. Given its proximity to Center Harbor, I made the short trip to Keepsake Quilting. While I was looking around, I found the punchneedle set. I purchased the set along with a cute sheep pattern. With all good intentions, I brought it home where it sat on a shelf for the next few years. And now, it's going up for sale on Ecrater.com!!! I think I'll stick to hooking and knitting.

Here is a photo of my latest knitting project. When complete it will be a sweater for a 6-8-year-old. Made from cotton, it will be donated to my Prayer Shawl group for a Christmas project we work on throughout the year.

I think you finally get to the point where you realize that you cannot successfully work on all crafts! I do have to laugh when I think of some of the projects I've undertaken through the years. Paper maché pumpkins seemed like such a good idea...!

Don't forget to send some photos of your projects that I can post on my blog. If you have your own blog, please send me a link.

My friend, Mary Rita Leyva sent me this link to her rug hooking group: www.cranberryrughookers.org. Check it out; there are some beautiful rugs to see!

No comments: