Thursday, January 4, 2018

Dyeing wool in a blizzard!

Today is definitely a snow day as Winter Storm Grayson barrels up the east coast. Luckily, in upstate New York, we are on the edge of the storm expecting 3-5 inches followed by frigid temperatures. My daughter is in Boston, where they will bear the brunt of the storm.

Because of the snow, I decided it would be a good day to hunker in and dye wool. Light shades were the colors calling me, so I got out the natural wool and some other lighter wool and dyed up about 10 yards. Here is some of what I got out of a morning of dyeing. And then, a few closeups.




Summer Moon

Winter Tracks 
Ice and Snow
This wool will be available on Ebay and Etsy (links to the right side).

Hope you are having a wonderful start to the new year and that you are starting work on some new fiber projects. I'm finishing up my whale rug, a pattern by Polly Minick. Looking forward to lots of creativity this year. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love all the wool you die! Such beautiful and vibrant. Looking forward to lessons on dieing techniques and color combinations.