Friday, August 12, 2016

Owls and Wool

We were watching TV the other night at dusk when I saw out of the corner of my eye something swoop into the maple tree in our backyard. I grabbed the camera and was lucky enough to get some wonderful shots of a Barred Owl visiting our neighborhood.


What a beautiful bird. He watched us as we snapped photos, almost posing, and acting as if we presented no danger to him. What a privilege to see such a magnificent bird up close.

I got thinking about hooking this owl. Here are some of the colors I came up with:

Canyon Gold

Deep Gold

Desert Caravan

Dreary Day

Dreary Morning

Excavation

Ginger Beer

Gray Squirrel

Lead

Sawdust

Toasted Grain
I admit, I got a little carried away with colors, but what fun to hook something with all that pattern.

No comments: