Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Finished Rug

Here is rug I just finished this afternoon. Hooking, whipping, binding all done!

The inspiration for this rug came from a photo I found a few years ago in Country Living. Here is that photo:

I believe it was in the section of the magazine where antiques are valued. I took this photo, traced it, scanned it into the computer and opened it up in Adobe Illustrator and traced the image. Printed the image, and drew onto a monk's cloth foundation.

The interesting thing about hooking this rug was the use of a sparkly yarn that I pulled up with the wool strips in the diamonds to give it the sparkle it needed. Unfortunately, it isn't visible in this photo. The cuff of the sleeve was hooked with a fine mohair yarn. I used three strands of that as it was so fine.

Here is the finished product:


No comments: