Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pancake dyed wool

Here are some photos of the wool I pancake dyed for the rug I featured in my previous post. The first photo shows all the wool I dyed in this batch.

The next is a closeup of the wool. You can see that the lighter piece was one of the topmost layers in the pan. The darker pieces soaked up more of the dye on the bottom.

If you are interested in trying out this method here is the formula. Pieces are approximately one eighth of a yard and I used seven of them. Pieces were natural, textured, light blue, lilac, celery, but you can experiment with whatever you have on hand.  I used ProChem dyes.

CUP 1:  1/16  +  1/32   419
CUP 2:  1/4  707  +  1/128  672
CUP 3:  1/4 816

Let me know if you have any questions!

No comments: