Sunday, May 6, 2012

One of the Last?

I'm probably one of the last out there to read The Hunger Games, but I was finally forced into it as my book club chose it as its April selection. I definitely went in kicking and screaming, but I am forced to admit that I loved it. Expecting it to be gory and gruesome, it was a wonderful story that frankly, I had a hard time putting down. I quickly got the second installment Catching Fire which I just started. I've already read a fair amount, and this book looks to be as good as the first. If you haven't read The Hunger Games, I heartily recommend it!

For a light-hearted read I just finished the second book in a mystery series by Cleo Coyle (Through the Grinder) that takes place in a NYC coffee house. Having become addicted to coffee later in life, I got pleasure from just reading the descriptions of the coffee being brewed. Will be going to Starbuck's tomorrow to sample there blonde bean. Yes, I know it's been out for a while, but I'm usually a bit behind the times. Can't wait! I hear they also have a limited edition Three Season blend that is of the bold variety. Not sure I can handle that!



No comments: