Monday, January 16, 2012

New Online Magazine by Rug Hooking Magazine

The other day I got an email from Rug Hooking Magazine announcing the first issue of their new online magazine. Went to their Web site, and I took the plunge! Wasn't sure what to expect, but I have to say I was more than pleased with this new venture.

The content was wonderful as were the photos. I particularly liked the fact that within the articles were many links to other sites which gave further information on the topics. Over the next few days, I'd like to point out some of those links that I particularly enjoyed. Here is the first:

http://www.farnsworthmuseum.org/current-exhibitions

This link will take you to the Farnsworth Art Museum in Rockland, Maine. Click on the Beyond Rugs exhibit. When you get to this page click on the white icon with "Beyond Rugs" written on. You will now see what I believe is an online handbook for the exhibit. You'll get pictures of the fiber art and a short blurb about the artist. What a great exhibit. Couldn't believe some of the artwork.

Here is one of the pieces:
Liz Alpert Fay Spontaneous Stripe, 2008 (detail) Hooked New York Times Sunday Magazine covers and rice paper 20 x 18 inches Collection of Len Charlap
You will be amazed at what some of the pieces are hooked with! Enjoy, and check in over the next few days for some more great links!

No comments: