Sunday, February 7, 2010

New Rug

Well, my Saratoga rug is finished. I'll be taking it to the framer's this week, and I'll be excited to see the rug all framed and hung.

I've started a new rug. It's called "Silent Night" and is a design of my sister, Marian Ross. Here is a picture of the pattern.


I've completed the angel and will post a picture of that soon. Not quite sure what I'm doing with the rest of this rug yet. I'm taking the approach of hooking each section as it comes. I have a general color scheme in mind, but no wool has been selected yet. I normally like to have everything figured out before I start, but I'm flying by the seat of my pants with this one!! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I love this pattern. I have a "thing" for angels. Can't wait to see it as it progresses.
Kim

Unknown said...

Oh I like the new pattern. How nice to have a sister that can draw them for you.
I look forward to seeing it as you progress.

Woolly Mammoth Woolens said...

Yes, I'm very lucky. My sister is an artist. She draws most unusual rug patterns for me!!