Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wedding Photo and Time Travel Rug

My son's wedding went off without a hitch! Thank God! There wasn't a cloud in the sky, and everyone seemed to have a great time. Here is a photo of the bride and groom.


The reception was held at the National Museum of Racing where we were surrounded by colorful jockey silks and Hall of Fame plaques; a beautiful setting for a party. I had a wonderful dance with my son to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. Remembering how I used to sing that to him as a baby, of course, brought tears to my eyes! Kind of a letdown now that everything is over.

The groom, unfortunately suffered a dislocated shoulder while playing softball the next day. Yes, he couldn't miss the game. Looks like surgery is in his future. But, they did vow "in sickness and in health!"

And now on to my Time Travel rug. Thanks to the 10-minute challenge, I'm progressing nicely on this rug. The clock face is finished. I used my Dust Storm color at half strength for the face itself, and I think it gives an aged look to the clock. Here is Dust Storm at full strength:


And here is the rug. Any constructive criticism is always welcome!


Don't forget to send photos of your rugs if you'd like for me to post them to the Web for you. Happy hooking!

No comments: