Saturday, May 21, 2016

Embroidered Pillow

Here is a pillow I just finished. I got the idea for this pillow from a piece of marbleized will that I've had for a few years. I didn't want to cut it up for hooking as it was so unusual. Recently, I was looking through some of blue wool, and there it was. It reminded me of snowy branches, so I embroidered a wool bird on top. Soon, it was a pillow!

I love finding other uses for wool, especially pieces that are too beautiful too cut up. The rug that I am hooking now has several houses in it, and I may embroider a roof onto a piece of wool and attach it to the rug instead of hooking that particular element. I've been wanting to try it, and as soon as I do, I'll show you the results.

Anyway, here is the pillow. I think it will look nice for the winter months.


No comments: