Wednesday, February 12, 2014

George Kahnle

Sadly, I found out today that George Kahnle, well-known in the rug hooking community as a pattern designer, passed away on Tuesday. Many of you may know that George was the partner of Dick LaBarge, a nationally known hooking teacher.

George was a wonderful person, who often kept the members of Dick's classes in stitches with his humorous jokes. He was also an expert on antiques, and along with Dick, ran a successful antique business for years.

I remember George as an amazing designer of hooked rugs. His patterns were very imaginative, and last I knew, he had six catalogues of rug patterns. I asked him often why he didn't hook, too, but he seemed content to design, and let Dick bring the patterns to life.

I saw him shortly before Christmas, and his wit was still very evident. He will be missed. My condolences to Dick who will miss him terribly.

No comments: